A simple test to help you understand yourself
The following questions can provide an interesting look inside your subconscious mind. Don’t think about your answers for too long; just write down the first thing that comes into your head.
- Imagine you are walking through a forest with someone. Who might this be?
- You are walking through the forest and see an animal not very far away. What is it?
- What happens when your eyes meet those of the animal?
- You continue to walk through the woods. You come out into a meadow, where you see the house of your dreams. Describe its size.
- Does your house have a fence around it?
- You go into the house. You go into the dining room to look at the dinner table. Describe what you see on the table and in the room around it.
- You leave the house through the back door, and see a cup lying on the grass. What material is the cup made of?
- What do you do when you see it?
- You go to the end of the garden. You see a body of water. What kind of body of water is it?
- How will you get over the water in order to go further on your journey?
Your answers give an indication of your values and ideals. This is how to analyse them:
- The person you’re walking with is the most important person in your life.
- The size of the animal you imagined indicates the size of your problems in your subconscious. The bigger the animal, the more serious your problems are.
- The way you reacted to the animal indicates what your most accustomed method of resolving problems is (aggressive, passive, or you avoid dealing with them altogether).
- The size of the house which you saw reveals the size of your ambitions. If it was very big, perhaps your expectations for life are too high.
- If the house didn’t have a fence, then you are an open person who feels free on the inside. If it did have one, that means you value your personal space and expect that others do as well. You never intrude into another person’s personal space without permission.
- If you didn’t see any food, flowers or people in the dining room, the chances are that you’re deeply unhappy.
- The strength and durability of the material which the cup was made out of indicates how strong and durable you interpret relations in your family to be. Was it a disposable plastic cup, or one made of glass? If it was, this suggests you fear for your family’s future. If it was made of metal or china, this suggests that you have nothing to worry about in this regard.
- Your action here is characteristic of your relationship with the person in question 1.
- The size of the body of water is an indication of the size of your sexual appetite.
- The ’wetter’ the method you chose to get over the body of water, the more significance sex has in your life.
Remember: You can take this test multiple times over the course of several days. You may find you come up with different answers to the questions on different occassions. The main idea behind the test is that the answers reflect your psychological and emotional condition at a given moment, rather than reveal the fundamental psychological base of your personality.